Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
- MSc Water Resource Science
- MSc Hydrology
Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
- MTech Applied Hydrobiology
- MTech Hydrogeology
Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
- MSc Chemistry
University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN)
- MSc Water Resources
Deadline for submission of application is 16 August 2020 at 11:59 PM (SAST). Applicants are encouraged to begin the application process early enough to avoid last minute rush.
Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the competitive selection process by email by 21 September 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, successful candidates will be expected to resume their study for the 2021 academic session on a rolling basis depending on the institutional circumstances.
Applications with incomplete or incorrect information will not be considered.
Female applicants, people with disability or people from socio-economically disadvantaged background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications via email will be deemed ineligible and will NOT be considered.
Type of mobility (scholarships)
Degree-seeking Mobility (long-term study that leads to an award of a MSc/MTech degree).
Group 1: Students who are registered or have obtained a degree from any of the AWaRMN partner institutions: RU, UNIKIN, FUTMINNA, MU, ENSH.
Group 2: Students who are registered or have obtained a degree from any Higher Education Institution (HEI) established in an African Union Member State apart from AWaRMN partner institutions.
Value of Scholarship
For successful applicants, AWaRMN funding will cover the following areas:
- Participation costs (e.g. tuition/registration fees) of students.
- Research costs (e.g. field work, laboratory consumables).
- Subsistence allowance: MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per month.
- Special allowance to female students for mobility equal or more than 2 academic years, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per year.
- Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs
- Insurance (Health, accident and travel)
- One-off settling-in allowance upon arrival to cover installation costs, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro.
To be eligible for support from AWaRMN, applicants must:
- be a national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application.
- meet both institutional and partnership requirements for admission.
- not have benefited from any form of previous support from Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, or Intra-ACP Mobility or Erasmus or Erasmus + programmes
- must be prepare to move from home country to another country where AWaRM has a partner institution. This also apply to foreign applicants who resides in a country with AWaRMN institution. For such applicants, you must then consider applying to a third country. For example, you are a Ugandan, but resides in South Africa or have studied in South Africa, you can not apply to Rhodes University in South Africa or Makerere in Uganda. Scholarships are attached to mobility.
- Scholarship are attached to mobility and therefore you can not apply to an institution in the country where you are a citizen or where you resides.
- If your previous degree is from a University outside of an African Union member state, you do not qualify.
Applicants must also fulfill the academic eligibility criteria of the partner institution(s) of their choice. Please read the Eligibility Criteria of the Partner Institutions document. You can find it here https://www.ru.ac.za/intra-africa-awarmn/
- Read the guidelines carefully here: https://www.ru.ac.za/intra-africa-awarmn/ and complete the application form
- The following documents need to be included in your application:
- certified copies of academic degrees and official transcripts. Due to the COVID-19 situation we will accept unofficial document detailing all your courses and grades/marks obtained, including final grade point average or marks). However, if you are selected, we will require the official transcript, without which we will be unable to make a final offer to you.
- 2 paged CV,
- 250 words motivation stating why you should be awarded a scholarship,
- a formal identity document e.g. passport, national identity card, driver license or any other officially recognized form of identification indicating your nationality,
- two reference letters (one academic and one non-academic). The academic referee must be able to attest to your academic standing. The reference letters must be submitted via the application system.
- Remember to click on the submit button.
Click on the link below to view the call and APPLY.
Staff and current students must please login as a Rhodes University User, with their Rhodes username and password.
All other users will need to register (first time log in) and log in as Other Users.