Objectives of the training :
The main objective of the Urban Hydraulics Department is to train high-performance engineers in all urban techniques related to water, mainly in Drinking Water Supply, and in Sanitation.
Students are expected to become able to design, construct and manage all drinking water supply installations (storage tank, pumping stations, water supply systems, treatment stations, etc.) and sanitation evacuation, lifting stations, sewage treatment plants).
- Water management and distribution companies (ADE, SEAAL, SEOR, SEACO ... etc).
- Companies and Offices for the Management and Operation of Sanitation Systems (ONA, SEAAL, SEOR, SEACO..etc).
- Hydraulic equipment production companies.
- Freshwater treatment and wastewater treatment plants.
- Company of constructing water networks, sanitation and storage facilities.
- Design and consulting offices in water and environment and vocational training.
- Public authorities relating to hydraulics and water resources.
- Software development and business IT tools (related to networks and hydraulic structures).
- Technical services attached to municipalities and local authorities.
- Research and development in the sector of water and environment.
- National agencies (ABH, ANRH, ANBT, etc.), water and environment control boards.
Qualification and Entrepreneurship:
The major qualifications of the State Engineer in Hydraulics (Urban Hydraulics) are:
- Mastery of all concepts of mobilization and distribution of water resources: Drinking Water Supply, Sanitation.
- Ability to implement solutions to various hydraulic problems.
- Master and develop new technologies to obtain fresh water from seawater or brackish water under technically and economically optimal conditions.
- Ensure integrated management of water resources.
- Integrate and adapt emerging technologies.
Missions of the Department:
The missions of the department and its scientific body which is the CSD are clearly detailed in Executive Decree No. 05-500 of 29 December 2005.
All in all, the Department is in charge of:
- The organization of graduation courses.
- Educational monitoring of students.
- It ensures respect for the main directions of the courses in order to reach the objectives of the training.
- Monitoring of teachers.
- It ensures the smooth running of exams and end-of-study and master theses defense.
- The validation and follow-up of end-of-study and Master thesis subjects as well as the proposal of the jury members for vivas.
- The validation of the results of post graduation entrance examinations and re-enrollments.